When accidents happen or dental care falters, teeth can decay or get broken, eventually falling out. This creates gaps in your smile, but these spaces can easily be fixed. There’s many ways to replace missing teeth, and dental bridges are one option. Dental bridges fix the gap between two teeth by using two crowns for each tooth on either side with a false tooth on either side- bridges use your natural, permanent teeth to anchor your new false tooth. The benefits of dental bridges are important to consider:
- They allow you to properly chew and speak
- Dental bridges fully repair your smile
- The shape of your face is maintained
- Bridges prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position
- A dental bridge redistributes your bite to be more even
There are three main types of dental bridges you may encounter:
- Traditional Bridges: These are the most common types of bridges, typically made of porcelain or ceramics. They work by using two permanent teeth on either side of a gap as anchors for a false tooth.
- Cantilever Bridges: These are used when there are only teeth on one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: The bridges have a metal framework and use plastic teeth and gums. The framework is bonded to your existing teeth.
If you have missing teeth and want to restore your smile, Greenspoint Dental offers dental bridges and other options to replace missing teeth. Contact us today to get started.