There are many causes of tooth loss among people. Some of the most common ones include tooth decay, gum disease, and tooth loss due to plaque, and poor oral hygiene. Dental implants work as one of the most effective ways to fix this problem, giving you a permanent tooth and root. If you have lost one or more teeth, you should see a dental implants specialist to assess your condition and making the right choice.
At Greenspoint Dental, we are an experienced and reputed dental implants specialist in Houston, Texas. We will insert artificial tooth roots that bond with the jawbone and allow us to place crowns or replacement teeth. This is an excellent option if you have missing teeth. Your new teeth will look and function just like your natural teeth.
When Do You Need Dental Implants
We often see our patients confused about choosing the right treatment option between dental implants, dentures, and bridges. If you have lost one or more teeth, it is best to look for ways to replace them. As a trusted dental implants specialist in the region, we help you make the most of the functional and aesthetic benefits of the procedure.
There are many reasons why a dental implant is considered among the best cosmetic procedures for missing teeth:
- They help create a healthy bite and prevent bone deterioration
- They improve the visual aspects
- They can provide a boost to your confidence levels and self-esteem
Our dental implant services can help restore your ability to eat easily, smile, and laugh without a second thought. You will no longer feel self-conscious every time you smile or laugh. The absence of a tooth can cause deterioration of your jawbone. This is because the pressure of chewing is important for preserving the jawbone. So, it is important that you should not take a tooth loss lightly. The faster you can get an implant, the better it is for your jaw.
Our Dental Implant Services
The dental implant procedure is an outpatient surgery. Our dentist will create an implant made of titanium and other materials that acts as the root and fuses with the jawbone. You should expect multiple appointments for the procedure to complete. This will typically include a consultation, implant placing appointment, and new teeth attachment appointment.
You should expect the following during the procedure:
- We will conduct an oral exam and take X-rays
- We will determine whether the jawbone is capable of supporting the implants and set a date for the procedure
- Sedation is followed by placing the required number of implants and rooted into the jawbone
- Healing should take at least 16 weeks
- Minor surgery is conducted to expose the titanium implant’s top and fix a post
- Our oral health expert will make an impression of your mouth
- Your implanting teeth will be fixed in place
Once the process is complete, you can return to normal chewing and eating while ensuring dental hygiene is properly maintained. When properly cared for, they can last for two decades or even longer.
How Are We Different
We stand out from the crowd in many ways:
- Dr. Louis P. Bosse is a multispecialty practitioner in General Dentistry, Prosthodontics, and Maxillofacial Prosthetics
- We have been in practice since 1997
- We provide calming and pleasant environments
- We use only the latest equipment
- We have professional and courteous staff
- We always educate our patients on their treatment options
Our dental implants specialist will make the entire process of treatment a breeze for you.
Proper Dental Implants Services
Dental implants are a major dental procedure, which makes it important that you find a qualified and highly experienced specialist such as Dr. Bosse. We will educate and guide you on the entire procedure before beginning. Once you choose our services, you can remain assured of getting the best services.
If you need the services of our dental implants specialist, you can discuss your dental problems with our staff members. You can call Greenspoint Dental at (281) 823-9987. You may also get in touch with us by writing to us using this Online Form.