According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), almost 70% of adults between the ages of 35 and 44 have lost at least one tooth as a result of gum disease, tooth decay or an accident. By age 74, nearly 30% of adults will have lost all of their permanent teeth.
Remember, your smile can directly affect your personal relationships and career. It’s part of what makes you who you are. Keep it shining bright for the rest of your life.
Traditional dentures are prosthetic devices that fit over the gums, replacing missing teeth. Partial dentures replace only a few missing teeth while full dentures are designed to replace an entire set of teeth.
The Drawbacks to Dentures
- Are prone to slip, pop-out, or stick while eating.
- Can create a sense of shame and embarrassment.
- Can increase the risk for bone disease and oral cancer.
- Can cause bone and facial tissue loss.
- Dentures only last between 5 and 10 years.
Instead of ill-fitting dentures, we recommend Dental Implants to replace any missing teeth. This is a safer and more permanent solution that has been proven more effective through recent studies.