Have you spent the last decade hiding your teeth in photos? If so, you are not alone. According to Dentistry Today, “28 percent of people don’t show their smile when taking pictures on social media because they assume their teeth are unattractive.” And, 81% think their teeth look bad in photos!
If your teeth have held you back from smiling, now is the time to transform your current smile! Make 2020 the year you get the smile you’ve always wanted. Not only will you feel more comfortable showing your pearly whites in all your social media selfies, but a new smile will improve multiple facets of your life in big ways.
Boost Your Confidence
The most obvious change you can expect after undergoing some cosmetic dentistry in Houston is a boost in your confidence. Have you ever held a hand in front of your mouth when you are talking to someone because you are embarrassed by your teeth? Or have you mastered the art of smiling without showing teeth? Imagine how much more confident you will feel when you have teeth you are not ashamed to show!
A Chance to Make a New (First) Impression
Did you know smiling is the best way to make a first impression? Business Insider reports, “Forty-eight percent of all Americans feel that a smile is the most memorable feature after first meeting someone.” Those who hesitate to smile because they are self-conscious or don’t like their teeth will struggle in this area of their life. But, if you choose to undergo a cosmetic dentistry procedure, you will have a chance to make a new (first) impression.
Improve Your Career Trajectory
Your anxiety about smiling can also be hindering you in the career department. For example, it is hard to ace a job interview if you don’t smile. Along with helping you find success in job interviews, smiling around the workplace can also boost your career trajectory.
According to Lifehack, “Those who smile tend to be thought of as having more confidence and sociable, therefore managers view these people as having what it takes to move up in the workplace.”
Plus, studies have found that those who smile more are perceived as more intelligent. What employer doesn’t want a confident, sociable, intelligent employee?
An Emotional Reset
Smiling is good for your emotional well-being – even science says so! A health study by The Atlantic found, “When a situation has you feeling stressed or flustered, even the most forced of smiles can genuinely decrease your stress and make you happier.”
Furthermore, Lifehack explains, “Since smiling means you are happy (and getting happier by the very act of smiling), you will likely live a longer, more relaxed life than those who regularly frown. Smiling actually boosts your immune system and can help you live 7 years longer on average!”
If your dental health issues have prevented you from smiling or made you feel less than your best, there are dental procedures, such as teeth whitening or having porcelain veneers applied, that can help you do an emotional reset.
Better Your Relationship Opportunities
Smiling is an important part of building relationships. It’s the way we show others we are happy, friendly, and open. If we don’t smile, we put up a wall. Psychology Today says, “When we are hesitant to smile, we are also often seen as less friendly, less approachable, and less inviting to have around. If we don’t respond to a smile with one of our own or use a smile to open up a social connection, we will end up having a lot less to smile about in the long run, as smiles serve as the bridge to social connections.”
A Houston Cosmetic Dentistry Smile Makeover is What You Need
As you can see, your smile affects your overall quality of life. Unfortunately, many people don’t think there is anything they can do about their smile. They feel like they are stuck with their current smile. As a result, they lose out on much of what life offers because their dental issues interfere with their happiness.
But your current smile does not have to be your forever smile! Skilled cosmetic dentists in Houston, like Dr. Bosse, perform smile makeovers. By taking each patient through various cosmetic dentistry procedures, the dentist will perform a total smile makeover!
While each patient will require a different set of procedures according to his or her dental needs, the following types of procedures are generally used to perform a smile makeover.
- Teeth Whitening – All the whitening toothpaste in the world can’t clean off some stains on teeth. A simple professional teeth whitening procedure can make those teeth sparkle brighter than ever before!
- Porcelain Veneers – For some people, the magic of teeth whitening is all they need to stop covering their mouths. But, for others, more detailed procedures, like applying porcelain veneers, are necessary. Porcelain veneers work to fill in cracks and chaps making your smile look even and perfect.
- Gum Contouring – If you find your gums make you dislike your smile, you may need gum contouring. If you have too much gum, you can undergo a procedure known as gum contouring. Using lasers and scalpels, the dentist will reshape your gum to make it more fitting for the shape and size of your smile.
- Invisalign – Many adults have gapped or misaligned teeth that would greatly benefit from braces, but they don’t want to wear metal braces to the workplace. Fortunately, Invisalign uses clear aligners that work just as well as regular orthodontia.
- Implants – If you have gaps from a missing tooth, a dentist can replace the missing tooth with a surgical implant procedure. After the implant is placed, a false tooth will be placed where the missing tooth stood.
Having one or a combination of these cosmetic dental procedures done can be just what you need to transform your smile and better your life for this new decade! Transform your smile at Greenspoint Dental in Houston!