One of the most important and easiest ways to clean your teeth is by simply brushing them. Even if you’re not a dentist or oral care expert you know that brushing your teeth is the difference between having healthy teeth or decayed teeth. Since most of us eat at least a couple times a day along with occasional snacks there is constant bacteria and food sitting in our mouth collecting on our teeth. Brushing your teeth removes the food and plaque that gets stuck along your gums and on your teeth. That is why it is extremely important if you want to prevent cavities and enamel erosion to brush after you eat. According to the American Dental Association you should brush at least twice a day and three times if possible.
Here are some brushing tips to help you get a clean mouth and a beautiful smile you can be proud of.
- Brush gently for 2-3 minutes, 2-3 times a day.
- Rinse your toothbrush after you are done brushing to remove bacteria.
- Wait to brush your teeth after you’ve ate anything acidic because that can further damage your teeth.
- Replace your toothbrush every couple of months or when the bristles get frayed to ensure a proper clean.
- Clean everywhere in your mouth which includes your tongue and the insides areas of your teeth as well.
- To ensure the best cleaning always make sure to floss and go to the dentist regularly which will help you get a beautiful smile.
If you want a great smile you can be proud of make sure you are regularly brushing. Contact Greenspoint Dental with any questions you may have or to schedule an appointment.