The meaning of a smile is universal. When you smile at someone, you give off a positive vibe and automatically become more inviting. A smile can attract more than admiring looks. A smile tells people you’re an intelligent, outgoing person who is worth getting to know. However, when you are self conscious of your smile, and try hiding it, you are holding yourself back from your full potential.
If you don’t believe that smiling has a number of advantages, here are a few great reasons to smile:
1. Smiling Makes You Attractive. We are attracted to people who smile. When you see someone smiling, you want to meet them and find out what they’re so happy about. Frowns and scowls push people away and give off the vibe that you don’t want to be approached.
2. Smiling Brightens Your Mood. Smiling tricks your body into being in a better mood. If you look yourself in the mirror and smile, you can’t help but feel a little better.
3.Your Smile Is Contagious. When you smile at others, they will smile back. Your smile can brighten a room and the moods of others.
4. Smiling Is A Stress Reliever. When you are stressed, it really shows in your face. Smiling helps prevent you from looking tired and worn out. Smiling will help reduce your stress levels, allowing you to take action.
5. Smiling Boosts Your Immune System. Smiling won’t ward off all illnesses, but some studies show that smiling helps your immune system work more efficiently because you’re more relaxed when you’re smiling.
6. Smiling Reduces Your Blood Pressure. If you’re a person who has high blood pressure, you should start smiling more often. When you smile, there is a measurable reduction in your blood pressure.
7. Smiling Releases Endorphins and Serotonin. Studies show that smiling releases endorphins, and serotonin. When you’re in pain physically or emotionally, smile. Together, endorphins and serotonin work to help people better cope with pain.
8. Smiling Helps You Look Young. The muscles you use to smile lift your face, making you look younger. It is also thought that those who smile more often live longer.
9. Smiling Makes You More Successful. A smile conveys confidence and professionalism. People who smile project a positive outlook and tend to cope better with challenges, which is what employers are looking for.
10. Smiling Helps Increase Productivity. There is truth to the “whistle while you work” mentality. Studies show that you are more productive when you’re smiling.
As you can see, there are a number of benefits to smiling. If you feel that you are being held back by your smile, contact Greenspoint Dental today. We have years of experience giving our patients the smile they’ve always dreamed of. Don’t spend any more time being embarrassed of your smile, call us today.