Having a healthy mouth is essential for overall health. Sometimes, keeping an effective oral hygiene routine can be hard to keep up with, especially for kids. We came up with a quick list of ideas to keep your mouth clean while you’re on the go! These are things that anyone can do and they will dramatically improve the way your teeth look and feel!
- Drink Water. All of the time. Every day. It is the best way to keep your mouth rinsed and avoid any bacteria lingering around waiting to become a cavity.
- Cut down on sugary drinks like soda and sports drinks.
- Avoid teeth stains by limiting the amount you smoke and drink coffee
- Chew sugarless gum to keep a healthy amount of saliva to break down food and strengthen enamel
- Use whitening toothpaste to polish off stains
- Keep a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables. They naturally scrub away at plaque buildup on your teeth and provide a great source of calcium which keeps your teeth strong.
- Brush and floss your teeth twice-a-day. Everyone always says this but it is so important. Each brush and floss session should happen for at least two minutes to ensure total cleanliness. If you have kids, find a fun timer or play their favorite song to make sure they are scrubbing for long enough.
- Use a straw if drinking liquids that can stain your teeth like coffee, wine, or carbonated sodas.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
Keeping a healthy mouth is easier done than said! If you just remain aware of what you are consuming, it is easy to stay on the right track! And with these tips in your back pocket, you and your family will be on the right track for beautiful smiles just in time for the annual holiday photo! If you are looking for the best dentist to take the entire family, contact Greenspoint Dental in Houston, Texas. We provide every service you need from basic cleaning, to braces and veneers!