A good dental routine consists of brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing once a day, and visiting the dentist every six months. Have you considered which toothpaste is the best or want to know more about a certain dental issue? Here are 3 great online resources to help answer common dental health questions.
ADA Seal Products
The American Dental Association (ADA) is a non-profit organization founded in 1859, with a membership of over 159,000 dentists. The ADA is member-run and provides oral-health-related information for both dentists and patients.
The ADA Seal of Acceptance is a program that tests dental products for safety and effectiveness. Products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance are seen as very safe and effective in providing the benefits these products claim.
When looking for dental products like a toothbrush or a toothpaste, look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance. The ADA Seal is reliable because:
- Participation is voluntary; products are evaluated only at the request of the product’s distributor or manufacturer
- The seal is earned; it cannot be purchased
- A team of experts evaluates the products
- The product must:
- Demonstrate safety and effectiveness
- Contain only FDA-approved ingredients
- Meet manufacturing standards that assure purity and uniformity
- Support its packaging and advertising claims
Products with the ADA seal are listed on the organization’s website.
MouthHealthy is run by the ADA and is the organization’s consumer website. The site provides dental information and everyday tips to help consumers maintain good oral health practices. There are six categories the information is divided into, including:
- Babies and Kids
- Adults Under 40
- Adults 40-60
- Adults Over 60
The information in each category addresses specific issues people have in that category. Under the Pregnancy tab, for example, there is a slideshow that explains 7 ways pregnancy affects dental health.
A website with content delivered by board-certified physicians, expert journalists, and trained community moderators, WebMD delivers health information and community support to its users. The site is free to use and provides an entire section on oral health.
Some of the services the site provides include:
- Recent dental news
- Information about specific dental topics
- Tips on dental care
- Community Boards (members of WebMD communities can post and respond, and WebMD certified experts respond to posts)
On our own website, we provide you with in-depth information on the services we provide. Offering general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry, each procedure is explained and generally includes information about:
- Reasons for a procedure (For example, severe tooth decay may require a root canal)
- The actual procedure (Explaining what our dental experts will do)
- Advantages the treatment provides
From routine dental cleanings and sealants to root canals and dental implants, Greenspoint Dental is a great resource for determining whether you may need a treatment and what will happen during the procedure.
There are many online resources available to provide you with the information you need to help you maintain a healthy smile.
For more information or to schedule a dental appointment, contact Greenspoint Dental in Houston, Texas. We are dedicated to providing you and your loved ones with the best dental care.